Criminal Record Checks and Police Checks (Waterford Minor Hockey Association)

PrintCriminal Record Checks and Police Checks

Criminal Record Checks and Police Checks


For questions about Police Record Checks, please contact the OPP via e-mail at:
[email protected]

To obtain your organization letter, please contact the Risk Management Director at:
[email protected]


The OPP cannot complete any type of record check for any applicant if they reside in another police service’s jurisdiction.  For example, if you live in the city of Brantford, the Brantford Police Service will have to complete your record check.  All checks provide Canada-wide results.

Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)

This check is restricted to applicants seeking employment and/or volunteering in a position of authority or trust relative to vulnerable persons in Canada only. It is a collection of offence information, including: convictions, outstanding warrants, charges, judicial orders and sexual offence convictions for which the individual has received a record suspension where authorized by the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness. In addition, non-conviction information shall be released only when a Risk Assessment has been completed to ensure the information being released is relative to the position being applied for. Check includes a search of the Pardoned Sex Offender Database (PSOD). 


Important: This check requires an Agency/Organization letter. The applicant is required to email the Agency/Organization letter when they submit their application.

The VSC is an Agency/Organization-driven request. In order to have this completed, you must have an agency/organization letter which explains that you need a VSC.  You will also need to give a detailed description of the specific job you will be hired/volunteer for, as well as a hiring manager’s name and contact number.

Please follow the link below to review required steps and to begin the application process.

LINK: Apply for a Record Check